Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Marinated Flank Steak with Peaches


This is the steak I made for my husband and we were "just friends." According to him, this is what bought me my ticket into his heart. I guess it's true, the way to a man's heart IS through his stomach!

Ingredients

Flank Steak
1 16 ounce can of peach halves

4 tablespoons of butter

1 cup of chili sauce

4 tablespoons of Worcestshire sauce

2 beef bouillon cubes

1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar

2 cloves of garlic


Directions
1. Drain Syrup from the peaches and put Syrup into saucepan that is on low-medium heat.

2. Add remaining ingredients except for the peach halves (*butter, chili sauce, worcestshire sauce, bouillon cubes, apple cider vinegar, and garlic cloves)

3. Whisk together and simmer for 10 minutes.


4. Lightly score flank steak & pour warm marinade over steak.


5. Let the steak sit sit for 2-3 hours or refrigerate over night.


BBQ or BROIL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
1. Preheat broiler.

2. Place steak on broiling rack.

3. Broil 2-3 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes, basting once with marinade.

4. Turn.

5. Add peaches, cut side up, and baste all.

6. Broil 5-7 minutes longer, basting once.

7. Let steak sit for one minute, then carve it on the slant into fairly thin slices.

8. Drizzle with warm marinade and garnish with peaches

3 comments:

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~

my mouth is watering. this sounds unbelieveable! And honestly, if you made that for me, I would have proposed. ok, that just got strange. forget that last part. :) LOVE YOU CUZ!

Nikki

I heart this website - good for you guys for starting this! Tracy, I'm all over your polenta recipes. We made your sausage and polenta dish and loved it. I'm coming here for daily inspiration!

Melanie Knowlton

Ooohhh. This sounds great. I am definitely going to try it!! Thanks, Legs!

TOP