Thursday, March 5, 2009

Banana Tea Bread

This is one of my favorite treats (especially when it's cold and out of the fridge.) This is my version of soul food.

Ingredients
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Butter
6 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
4 Eggs, well beaten
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 TSP Salt
2 TSP Baking soda

Directions
1. In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy.

2. Add bananas and eggs, blend.

3. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.

4.Carefully blend the floud mixture into the banana mixture.

5. Pour the batter into 2 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans

6. Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 50-55 minutes.

7. Cool for 10 minutes.

8. Remove the loaves from the pans and cool completely on racks before serving.

*Remember-testing the bread with a toothpick won't necessarily b e accurate due to the bananas.

3 comments:

Melanie Knowlton

Allegra, you are a maniac! :) I can't keep up with you. As for the banana bread - I can practically smell it from here. I love to eat cold banana bread with whipped cream cheese spread. YUM.

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~

I'm all over this tomorrow. YUMMY!!!!!

valerie

This is very similar to the banana bread I make.
My boys love when I add chocolate chips and/or
walnuts!

TOP