Thursday, June 3, 2010

Easy Summer Fruit and Nut Salad




















First of all, I have to say that this picture doesn't do this salad justice.  I was partway through tearing into it when I thought that you ladies might like the recipe, and oh, I guess I should photograph it.

This one is an easy one to modify with summer fruit that you like best.  You can also swap out the nuts and change or omit the cheese.

Ingredients:

1 package bagged lettuce (I like the butter lettuce mix best, but any kind will do).
1 large or 2 small peaches, cubed
1/4 cup blueberries
3 Tbsp toasted, sliced almonds
Crumbled Feta cheese to taste
Balsamic vinagrette

Toss all the ingredients together and dig in!  I love this salad for a warm summer night with grilled chicken and a glass of white wine.

2 comments:

Mary (Mary's Musicology)

I love putting fruit in salad!

Melanie Knowlton

I am now CRAVING this salad, Kayla!

TOP